06 August, 2010

Juice

so i completely don't understand juice fasting as of now.

-You drink calories: This is usually a huge no no and most juices have a ton of calories just for a small 8oz.
- In no way is it in the lines of healthy: Unless you get a special, vitamin enriched drink, then there isn't much nutritional value. Mostly just sugar. You could count vitamin C but your body needs more then just that.
- It makes you feel like you're not going to gain anything: This feels nice, but later that day when you've drank too much and you're feeling a bit bloated or when you don't count the calories and go way past any sort of limit, you realize this is a bad thing.

At first I thought it was a good idea but now I think there are more cons then pros. I guess it could be used to keep your metabolism up? I'm not sure if it's true or not so who knows. And I guess it gives you energy so you don't pass out or anything. But it's not like you get full at all.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that it seems way more simple to me to eat a large amount of veggies for 100cal instead of an 8oz glass of juice for 180cal. for example~

Small whole wheat Bagel or slice of bread - 100cal
Yogurt - 70-100cal
Vegetables - 100cal

Breakfast lunch and dinner for 300cal. Gives you more nutrition then just juice, most likely less calories and fills you up better too!

Did I tell you guys I want to be a dietitian? Well yeah I think I'd be good at it. x) or at least enjoy it.

Tell me your guy's opinions! feel free to prove me wrong ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment